Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 1 Regina to Indian Head

It wasn't necessary to come all the way to Saskatchewan to get a taste of adventure. I had forgotten what it was like in downtown Montreal at 4 AM on a Saturday - our neighbourhood was hopping with the late nighters, there was a police/fire operation blocking Park and Sherbrooke and the entrance to HWY was closed. So we detoured through St. Henri only to have the car break down in a really shady neighbourhood. I hopped a cab the rest of the way to the airport and left poor Madeleine to arrange for a tow.

Arrived in Regina bang on time and it took me a good hour to get the bike unpacked and assembled. I got on the road at noon and conditions were good, some tail wind, decent shoulders and I made it to Indian Head at 3:15 in fairly decent time. Just waiting for my inkeepers to show up so I can check in and enjoy a well deserved nap.

Distance today: 74.9 km.
Average speed 24.4 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment