Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 9 Dryden to Ignace, Ontario

This old heart of mine probably couldn't take another day of excitement from the Dryden Moose Fest so I decided to hit the road in spite of a rainy forecast. And rain it did... ...all the way to Ignace. The upside was a nice tailwind that helped push me along nicely. I could have gone even faster if I wasn't so laden down with spare muffins. ;-)

The road was pretty good but not as nice as yesterday. Paved shoulder most of the way but only a foot wide in parts. I got pretty wet in the process but I can still feel most of my extremities so all-in-all it was a successful trip.

Today I passed the 1000 km. mark of the trip; at this rate there is a better than 50/50 chance I will make it home for Christmas.

Today's ride: 108.1 km.
Average speed: 23.9
Trip distance to date: 1059.2 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment