Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 10 Ignace to Upsala Ontario


Today my choices were to bike 55, 105 or 255 km., based on availability of accommodations. I was ready to stop in English River at the 55 km mark because it was raining and because I had made reservations at the English River Inn months ago. But when I got there the rain had stopped and the road was dry so I cancelled my reservation and moved on, but not before the nice folks at the English River Inn gave me breakfast.

Today's ride was relatively easy, with the wind pushing from the north as I head southeast towards Thunder Bay. the scenery is reminiscent of the forests in northeast NB, with lots of moose bog.

Today's ride was dedicated to my colleague Joe whose mother passed away over the weekend. My deepest sympathies.

Today's distance: 106 km.
Average speed: 23.6
Trip distance to date: 1168.5 km

No comments:

Post a Comment