Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 4 Brandon to Portage La Prairie Manitoba


This morning I started out bright and early but after 30 km. I had to pull over for a Pandemic Contingency Planning Group conference call, a fairly standard activity for most cross country cyclists. Unfortunately as the meeting started so did a bit of a storm making it impossible for me to hear everything and causing noise over the phone for the rest of the participants. Finally they kicked me off and I got back to the more important job of cycling;-)

The flats are pretty much behind me now and so was the wind. I got rained on but not enough to force me to stop. The roads were not that great with paved shoulder only 50% of the way and disappearing and appearing without notice. That kind of road requires a lot of concentration and patience. I probably could have let the wind push me into Winnipeg but the traffic was getting too heavy so I stuck with my safety plan to get off the road by noon. Better to do tomorrow's stretch bright and early when the traffic is lighter.

Today's ride was dedicated to Metamucil, 'cuz u can't do this if you aint regular'.

Only 75 km. To do tomorrow - that will feel like a rest day.

Today's distance: 120 km.
Average Speed: 25.3
Trip distance to date: 497.5 km.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we had to quick you off Wayne but happy the bad weather did not slow your trip!

    Really enjoying the blog.

    Stay safe. Louise

    ReplyDelete