Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 14 Rossport to Marathon,Ontario




I had a great stay in a cabin at the Rossport Inn,an old hotel for CP workers that was restored a few years ago by a retired US fighter pilot who fell in love with it while on a sailing trip of Northern Lake Superior.

A mountainous ride today, somewhat similar scenery to Cape Breton. I was still tired from yesterday's ride so the climbs were challenging to say the least.

Still no coverage from Roger's network so I am reliant on innkeepers letting me use their computer. Please don't fret if I don't get my report in for any of the next few days as I expect more problems.

Today's ride is dedicated to my parents, Jacqueline Duguay and Garfield Wood who got married in this very town of Marathon way back in 1948. I guess that was an omen because their marriage has indeed turned into a marathon - way to go! The images I posted are the houses they occupied on 8 Bissel and 12 McCulloch Streets. Unfortunately like many of the other mill houses in the neighbourhood they are both now abandoned.

Today's ride: 110.4 km.
Average speed: 19.6
TripDistance to date: 1591.9 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment