Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 15 Marathon to White River


Greetings from White River Ontario, the birthplace of Winnie the Pooh, or as we call him in adult talk, Winnie the Shit;-)

Today was a pleasure cruise. I had to choose between distances of 55, 93, and 195 km. and I chose door #2. It was a tad chilly starting out, 6 degrees C, but the big hill I had to climb coming out of Marathon warmed me up nicely and it was sunny and quite comfortable the rest of the way. The hills were manageable, the roadway excellent and the scenery spectacular. Traffic has been light ever since Nipigon where the HWY 11 splits off from the 17 and heads north. About half way between Marathon and White River I came across a restaurant and had a humongous breakfast. Shortly after that I saw my second wolf of the trip.

Today's ride is dedicated to ergonomists, for making us comfortable, and in particular Gary of ABC Bicycles for setting me up so well on my bike that here I am after riding app 1700 km in 2 weeks and I have ZERO aches and pains.

Today's trip: 92.3 km.
Average speed: 20.1
Trip distance to date: 1690.4 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment