Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 21 Webbwood to Sudbury Ontario


I met one more cyclist last night, Stephane, who was heading from Vancouver to his home in Gatineau at a pace of 200-250 km a day. He and I were the only guests at the Webbly Motel; what a dive that is.

The ride to Sudbury was challenging due to the traffic volume and small shoulder. It got better for a while when I took the hwy 55 but as I worked my way through Sudbury the traffic was downright nasty. I spent a lot of time on the shoulder today.

Today's ride is dedicated to my long-time friend, Dirk Kiy, who passed away last year after an incredibly courageous and dignified battle with ALS. In the period of time after his diagnosis he squeezed in more activity than most people do in a lifetime. Dirk showed us the importance of living life for the present and not putting things off to tomorrow. If you have something you have always wanted to do, then get at it because you will never be younger than you are right now.

Today's ride: 90.6 km.
Average speed: 19.9
Trip distance to date: 2326 km.

2 comments: